Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:33:47 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Bill Grunfelder <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Sending SDTR!!" message on boot.

>Can some one tell me what a "Sending SDTR!!" message on boot means?  I have
>not seen this ?error? message before, but it's my first time using a Western
>Digital SCSI drive.  Is this message a problem?  Are there any known problems
>with Western Digital SCSI drives?  I've attached a snippet from dmesg below.

It's a diagnostic in the driver that says that a drive initiated sync
negotiation and the driver replied to it.  Most drives wait for the
initiator (the adaptec card) to initiate wide/sync negotiation, but some
drives will immediately attempt to negotiate sync after they receive a
wide negotiation message.  I'll remove the printf.  The message only means
that the driver is doing what it is supposed to.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations