Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 1996 19:25:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jmb@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   George Thackray: annoying pest.

This user is spamming me by sending my own announcements back to me
whenever I make them, but doesn't appear directly in any of freefall's
mailing lists.  Could those of you running exploders please have a
look for:

From: George Thackray <gnt@froggy.demon.co.uk>

And remove him from anything you find?  I'm not even sure it's a
person, it could be some stupid script run berserk.  Every time I send
an announcement however, I get ten copies of this guy's crap mailed
back, and even more likely it's some clueless dweeb who thinks that
spamming me will get him unsubscribed somehow, even though he *isn't*
subscribed on any of freefall's mailing lists and there's no way I
could remove him if I could (and remove him I would, believe me).

I'd procmail him, but my last 4 attempts to go to procmail have always
resulted in it working fine for about a week, then dumping core all
over the place and bouncing all my email back.  I know that others
swear by procmail, but I've never gotten it to be reliable for me and
I've tried every "canned" example in the book.  Nothing fancy in my
.procmailrc - it just starts catching sig 11's after awhile and
becomes unusable.

Thanks!

						Jordan