Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 21:20:05 -0400
From:      gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, Pete Delaney <pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, netbsd-ports@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1 - Port of HotJava to FreeBSD and NetBSD More Usefull?

 +---
 | I heard there was some fairly good progress being made on a Linux port.
 | Is this true?  Because if the Linux people have a working version, then a
 | FreeBSD/NetBSD version would be almost trivial from there.
 +---

You can get more information about the Linux port from:

	http://java.blackdown.org/java-linux.html

There are a few ports to ELF based Linux systems using either Sun's
thread library of the POSIX threads library.

I haven't used the port, I just know it exists and works (well,
somewhat).

						--Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com