Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2020 15:21:10 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>, freebsd-wireless <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: regdomain.xml

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 12:59, Chris <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com> wrote:
>

> > > So, I'd really like to figure out how to simplify the regdomain.xml file.
> > > But - we should come up with a firm plan first. Luckily this IS basically
> > > all userland work. :-)
> > >
> > +1 for the offer to dig in, Aaron!
> >
> > > What do others think? What should we do?
> > I vote for recreating it as a CSV file. Would then be easier to work with
> > and easy to convert to other formats -- json/xml/...
> >

> Lol, if anything we'd likely use a format that we already use inside the
> tree, so json or xml. I don't MIND xml, but I mind how it's laid out right
> now . It makes extending things a pain in the rear.

Don't overlook ucl here, which can even do fancy stuff like file
inclusion (which may or may not do object merging, based on how your
ucl files are written) and is now used in a couple places of the tree.
You could perhaps section off /usr/share/regdomain and do all kinds of
fun stuff that reduces the labor involved.v