Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:26:01 +0200
From:      gabor@zahemszky.hu
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to use =?UTF-8?Q?acpi=5Fdock=3F?=

Hi!

I'd like to know, how can somebody use the acpi_dock kernel module?
Do I have to load it from loader.conf, or it's enough from rc.conf?
On a HP laptop, with the acpi_hp module loaded, I can see the state
of docking in the dev.acpi_hp.0.is_docked sysctl. But it doesn't
matter,
if I kldloaded the acpi_dock module or not. At loading time, there
isn't
any kernel message, there aren't any devd notifications from acpi_dock,
there are't any sysctl with _DCK in the name or in the value. (But eg
on
a Fujitsu notebook, with the acpi_fujitsu module loaded, there isn't
any
information about the docking state; actually the word "dock" can find
only in the acpi_dock and acpi_hp module's source and in 2 comment
lines
in the main acpi.c file .)

Thanks,

Gabor ZAHEMSZKY < Gabor at Zahemszky dot hu >