Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:41:41 +0100
From:      Ragnar Beer <rbeer@uni-goettingen.de>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Subject:   Re: security settings documentation

I'd also disagree. Taking sendmails security record and difficult
configuration into account I'd say that running sendmail in daemon mode
out of the box is "moderate" security at most and only "-q30m" or "NO"
go with higher security levels.

But that actually doesn't touch the issue whether sendmail is mandatory
or not. I'd say ssh is absolutely mandatory but it's ok that the daemon
doesn't get started when "extreme" security was chosen.

I wonder if there could be something intermedia e.g. with a well
configured postfix daemon. According to what I _heard_ about it
it's very secure.

Ragnar