Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:28:56 +0800
From:      "Derek Barrett" <derekbarrett@graffiti.net>
To:        <sporner@nentec.de>, <freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Application cluster

Glad to see you are enthusiatic about this, and it looks like
you have some possible help too.

One of the weaknesses of the freebsd community as I have seen,
and some of the guys who left the core have commented on,
is that the community seems to spend MORE time on debating
theory and shooting each other down rathar than actually
going out and prototyping something.

I mean there have been some really great ideas that in theory
probably sounded foolish, but somebody went out and didn't
listen to the naysayers and did the work anyway and got the work
done.

I mean look at Google. Those guys started their engine right
in the middle of the dot com peak. There were far more
companies out there with way more resources and alot more
branding power, but those 2 stuck with it and now Google
has become the standard for search engines. I didn't
even start using it until late last year, and like many
other people, it has mad everything else obsolete. Anyway
enough of the aside!

I am going to contact the owner of a freebsd related site and
see if he's willing to host your source. If not, I know
it sounds a little cheesy, but my Graffiti.net account
also has 20MB of HTTP storage, I'll have to check the bandwidth,
but I'm sure it's more than enough to accomodate many
downloads. It's not spartan, like Geocities or anything, they
are pretty generous with resources.

I'll let you know!

Derek