Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:50:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Who's playing with my keymap?

Running -current 1337, I configured DDB and tried to enter via
ctrl-alt-ESC.  Nothing happened.  Looking with kgdb, I find:

+ (kgdb) p key_map
+ $1 = {
+   n_keys = 107,
+   key = {{
+       map = "\000\000\000\000\000\000\000",
+       spcl = 255 'ÿ',
+       flgs = 0 '\000'
+     }, {
+       map = "\e\e\000\000\e\e\000",
			     ^^^^

This should be 0x86

+       spcl = 51 '3',
+       flgs = 0 '\000'

The other contents are wrong as well: for example, in
sys/i386/isa/kbdtables.h, n_keys is defined as 108.  It's correct in
the kernel, as I could determine by booting with the -d flag, but
though I put a watchpoint on it, DDB didn't find the change (the
example above was after the system had come up).  I suspected the
screen saver, but have disabled it and the problem persists.  Ideas,
anyone?

Greg