Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 19:08:01 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        Marino.Ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named pipes

    Marino> Thanks a lot.

My pleasure.

    Marino> Would it be acceptable if I submit a patched manpage for
    Marino> mkfifo that mentions named pipes (for apropos to work?)
    Marino> There must be some other SysV folks out there too :)

Heh ... as I'm not on the FreeBSD core team, all I can say is ``mail
your diffs'' to core@freebsd.org and see what they say.

    Marino> P.S.  Then again, maybe not as I've just taken a look into
    Marino> HP-UX manpage for mknod, and they talk about FIFO's
    Marino> "sometimes(sic!) called named pipes."

    Marino> Of course they have mkfifo as well ... (blush)

We live in a tangled, complex world.  :)

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Folks still remember the day ole Bob Riley came bouncing down that
dirt road in his pickup. Pretty soon, it was bouncing higher and
higher. The tires popped, and the shocks broke, but that truck kept
bouncing. Some say it bounced clean over the moon, but whoever says
that is a damn liar.  -- Jack Handey