Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:13:53 +0100
From:      Grzegorz Blach <magik@roorback.net>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD needs fresh Blood!

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 18:13, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Warren Block wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Michel Talon wrote:
>
>>> My experience is that all FreeBSD ports tools are incredibly slow, be i=
>>> portupgrade, portmaster, even the basic tools like pkg_version. Maybe i=
>>> would help to recognize that such observations are perhaps not unrelate=
d to
>>> the original poster comments.
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean by that last sentence. =C2=A0OP was tal=
king
>> about the difficulty of using or merging alternate ports trees, AFAIR. S=
orry
>> about the topic drift; we can start a new thread if appropriate.
>
> And of course now I see it: the OP also mentioned the delay in rebuilding
> INDEX after merging ports trees.
>
> That was a problem back before the ports cluster built INDEX files for
> download, and there were Perl and other implementations that could rebuil=
d a
> local index faster than the stock ports implementation. =C2=A0Can't recal=
> exactly what they were. =C2=A0If still applicable, integrating those fast=
er
> methods into the ports system would be a solid improvement.

Building INDEX is not essential in this thread, merging trees is
closer to subject,
but primary I want, that testing development version of ports will be simpl=
er.

Please look at: 'Firefox 4 - Beta' threat:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-March/066353.html
some people don't known where they can find freebsd-gecko development repo.

Or at 'xorg-server 1.9.3 and 1.10.0' threat:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-March/066421.html
Martin wrote:
> I'll cleanup all the mess and commit all stuff to the xorg-dev repo. Mayb=
> someone have intressing to test it.
but without any info where I can find xorg-dev repo,
How I can test new xorg, since I don't known where this repo is?