Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 16:24:07 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Subject:   High-speed transfers

Le Saturday 1 July 2006 15:31, Hans Petter Selasky a écrit :

> Yes, but don't forget high-speed USB transfers. They require larger
> buffers. For example 1024 bytes for ULPT is too little. The interrupt rate
> will be so high, that it is unrealistic to transfer 20MB/s using 1024 byte
> interrupts. My rewritten ULPT now uses "2*(1<<17)" buffers.

Hello,

I wonder what kind of speed you are getting : I would like to see improvements
for reads (and writes) on standard endpoints, without having to resort to
writing specific drivers (using ugen on the standard FreeBSD USB stack).

One goal would be to achieve something like 25 to 30 Mbytes/s, sustained,
(finally getting to some interesting fraction of the peak USB2 data rate).

	TfH

PS : from experience, 300Mbps can be sustained on a decent PC, using for
example Suse 10.1 (but don't try with an ATI southbridge : they suck)