Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 17:34:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      fredriks@mcs.com (Lars Fredriksen)
To:        starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Chattering better, but now "panic: freeing busy page"

Gene Stark writes:

> The chattering problem seems to have been relieved by the latest changes,
> but when I try to run make world I am still crashing during the library
> install phase.  The symptoms are a little different now: I get
> "panic: freeing busy page" from a process running "install" trying to
> exit (i.e. in the exit system call).  The panic occurs when vm_map_remove()
> is called at line 148 of kern_exit.c.  The page in question is marked
> "bmapped", and the attempt is made to free it from within
> vm_object_terminate(), so I have the feeling that the object reference
> counts are still not quite right yet.
>
> 							- Gene

Interesting! My machine deadlocks on trying to install the library. I have
a crash dump of a simular situation, and it seems that several processes
including pageout is stuck in lock_read waiting for the same lock.

Lars

Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)
			lars@fredriks.pr.mcs.net	(home-home)
			fredriks@asiago.cs.wisc.edu