Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:35:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        FreeBSD current users <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   comparing executables

I have two directories of executables
(actually two entire FreeBSD filesystems)

they were both produced from the same checked out trees except that
between the two compiles, some patches (unknown) were applied
to the sources.

How can I find out which binaries have changed?
they are all different according to cksum so I assume
that there is a timestamp or something in them.
Is there a way to compare only the text segments?