Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 12:02:00 -0500
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@createtech.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing 2.2.6 on Winbook FX

Mike Smith wrote:

> See LINT - should get away with:
>
> controller      card0
> device          pcic0   at card?
> device          pcic1   at card?

I've done that.  I also tried:

controller      card0
device          pcic0   at card0
device          pcic1   at card0

That doesn't work either.

Doug White wrote:
>>       Cirrus Logic 6730 card slot controller chip
>
>Ugh, I think my Digital has one of these and it won't assign resources
>under FreeBSD.
>
>>       IBM Credit Card Ethernet II
>
>I think the ze driver will actually pick this up.

     <snip>
>See the PCCARD kernel config file for the directives you need.  The
>default GENERIC doesn't have pccard support.

I've looked in LINT and PCCARD and tried various combinations of
anything that looks promising.  Nothing works.  I had a 2.2.2 RELEASE
with PAO working on the laptop.  I was wanting to upgrade to 2.2.6 and
use a straight release.  Any other suggestions?

--
Kim Shrier - kim@createtech.com
Director of Development - CreateTech, Inc.