Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:08:50 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Remove the FreeBSD boot manager

On Sunday 27 April 2003 07:01, Tom Smith wrote:
> I'm somewhat new to FreeBSD and decided to install the Boot Manager
> during installation.
>
> Since, I've decided to make this machine a FreeBSD-only server (no dual
> booting) and would like to remove the Boot Manager to enable faster boo=
> times (the Boot Manager adds about 10 seconds to boot time).
>
> How can I remove it without any major issues like having to reinstall
> from scratch?
Start sysinstall ( /sbin/sysinstall )
Go to Index -> FDisk
Now select the partition you want to boot from and press "S" to make it t=
he=20
active partition.
Press "W" to write your changes, sysinstall will now ask you what bootman=
ager=20
you want, simply choose "standard" and you're done...

grtz,
Daan