Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:38:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Small Problem with Linux Emul

> > generic Linux net application?
>
> Generic.

Ok, I compiled both telnet and archie for linux and discovered the DNS
problem.  If I telnet to a name, then it doesn't work.  If I telnet to
an IP it works fine.  The Quake server uses udp and the IP address logged
may be through DNS calls (I really don't know since the source isn't avail).

Archie fails in a similar way.  the Quake server is probably suffering from
the same problem.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request