Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 15:03:37 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        psonnek@soncom.com (Pat Sonnek)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem Report kern/1628

As Pat Sonnek wrote:

> I have finnaly gotten a ppp.core from this SIG 4.  I would like to know
> to whom I should ftp the .core file to.

SIGILL heavily smells like a hardware problem on your side.  Any
compiler-generated code is not supposed to contain illegal
instructions to the CPU.

What's the instruction it is falling over about?  What did your ppp do
by that time?  C'mon, you're also expected to contribute your part of
the story.  (Recompile ppp with -g and same optimization, and have a
look into the core.)  Try reproducing it again and look whether it
crashes at the same location.  I would suspect not.

--
cheers, J"org