Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:21:12 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <ak@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   skey access

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Would be grateful for comments on the skey system tuning.
The strange thing for me is that for each host in the local segment
which I would like to include in the "allowed hosts list" I must create
two lines "permit hostname ..." in /etc/skey.access: for telnet to
work with "UNIX passwords" it is required to type short hostname (without
domain), ftp requires long hostname (including domain).
Is the first item enough secure?

Thanks
Alexey