Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:16:34 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
Cc:        Dean Brundage <Dean.Brundage@EBay.Sun.COM>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on handheld computers

In message <37143.932756069@grey.cloud.rain.com> Bill Trost writes:
: The Toshiba Libretto might be an obvious choice, with lots of people
: using it, although I don't know how much they cost.

There are several different subnotebooks that had Intel processors.
However, the fast HPC/Pro machines seems to have canibalized this
market.  Librettos run from $400ish for a 50CT stripped to $2k for the
latest, only in Japan model.

:     If anyone knows anything about running That Other free unix on
:     hand-helds I'll read that, too.
:
: Good point -- NetBSD has been ported to a lot of processors, so chances
: are pretty good of finding something that runs on a platform targetted
: to run WinCE.

Takemura-san, Noriyuki Soda-san, Koji Suzuki-san and the other
Japanese who are working on PocketBSD for MG2 have done a good job at
porting NetBSD/pmax 1.3.1ish to NetBSD/hpcmips.  In fact, the
PocketBSD for MG2 project is one of the reasons why I've started
learning Japanese....

Warner