Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:07:03 -0500
From:      Brady Warren <gadget@toad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Panic: Double Fault

I posted this message on one of the FreeBSD Newsgroups with no answers.
Maybe
you guys/gals can help out............

If this question has been asked before, sorry to all.

    While booting my system using the 'Bootfloppy' I encountered a
'Panic' fault. The error
message was 'DOUBLE FAULT'. It came after the kernel configuration
screen and after
it ran throught all of its device probes. The last thing it tried to do
was.....
changing root device to fd0c
 ....then it tried to sync the disks and locked up tight.
    I am running a Intel 133 w/48 meg ram, two IDE drive 2 and 3gig, 1
CDrom. The
drives are configured in this mannor: 2gig primary master, cdrom slave
and the 3gig
is the secondary master. I also have both the 5.25 and 3.5 floppies.
    I am running Win95 and wish to install FreeBSD on the 3gig (if at
all possible). I
realize there might be some reconfiguring of hardware to do; however,
why do I get this
error before I even get to the install screens?

                Any Suggestions?
                Brady
                gadget@toad.net