Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:04:35 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Significant speedups from -mcpu=ev56

> It will break on old alphas. I think NetBSD recently added code to their
> kernel to emulate these instructions which would allow them to work (with
> a performance penalty).

A little question about old Alphas: I have an Alphastation 200 4/100 here,
100 Mhz 21064. It feels "slow as molasses" compared to e.g. a P-133. Is
there any possibility of overclocking these machines? (Yes, I know, one
shouldn't overclock, and it can break things. I don't care - this is not
a critical machine...)