Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:41:27 +0100
From:      Alexander Frolkin <alexander@frolkin.demon.co.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfsd/mountd problem

Hi,

I've noticed on my 4.0-STABLE system, that unless I enable IPv6 and set
ipv6_network_interfaces to "auto", I get the following messages in my syslog
when the system comes up:

mountd[167]: can't register mount
nfsd:[169]: can't register with udp portmap

This is somewhat inconvenient, since I need the machine to be an NFS
server, occasionally (and I _do_ want to enable IPv6).

Running mountd -d displays nothing out of the ordinary, and logs the above
message just after saying "here we go".

TIA,

Alexander.