Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:22:19 -0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Javier_Andr=E9s?= <rako29@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with pf

Hello. I'm experiencing some problems with a i386 PC running a FreeBSD
RELENG_5 acting as a router with 2 external network interfaces. The major
problem is that the firewall starts to timeout and rejects requests, if the
pf rules were loaded more than 1 day ago. This problem occurs over one of
the two external network interface which is connected to an ADSL via PPPoE.
(please notice that the assignment of a new IP to the interface is not the
cause of the problem).

A solution I found is to reload the filter rules (pfctrl -f etc/pf.conf) in
the cron job.

Can you tell me which variables, parameters, or statistics can I look to
find the cause of this problem? The pflog log doesn't say anything strange
and neither does the netstat -m.

Thanks
Javier