Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 18:24:46 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, dave@odyssey.ucc.ie
Subject:   Re: conflicting docs

> About non-US ftp sites for encryption.
>
> - in /usr/src/share/doc/FAQ/freebsd-faq.sgml
> braae.ru.ac.za:/pub/FreeBSD/securedist/

This is Geoff Rehmet's old site. IMO it should be taken off the list as
at was last active just before 2.0 came out. (Sorry Geoff!)

> owl.und.ac.za (currently uncertain)

This site does not have the current Secure dist stuff. It has FreeBSD-2.0
and 0210-SNAP. In my experience, this is not a well maintained site, and
IMHO should be removed from the list. That 'currently uncertain' has been
there for about a year now, with good reason.

> ftp.veda.is:/pub/crypt/FreeBSD/

I don't know about this.

> - in /usr/src/share/FAQ/Text/MIRROR.SITES
> South Africa    ftp://skeleton.mikom.csir.co.za/pub/FreeBSD
> South Africa    ftp://storm.sea.uct.ac.za/pub/FreeBSD

These are current. I maintain the first, and the second is a mirror.

> Brazil          ftp://ftp.iqm.unicamp.br/pub/FreeBSD

This is a mirror of the 'skeleton' site above, but I think the owner is
having some problems. Status uncertain.

--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa