Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:34:45 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.1 RELEASE and X... is the utmp stuff still an issue?

<Pine.BSI.3.95.970326234212.17129B-100000@resnet.uoregon.edu>, doug
>> > white wrote:
>> >  :
>> >  : Uh, hm.  Unfortunately, X is a big mess for now, I wouldn't have
>> >  : recommended playing with it if your exsiting copy was v3.2 and working
>> >  : properly.  It's compiled for 3.0-CURRENT and will cause odd
problems for
>> >  : you if you aren't running it...
>>
>> What actually are the problems with X (F8632) in the 2.2.1R tree ?
>> (besides that it is a link to 3.2/binaries/FreeBSD-current)
>> I assume it is compiled after the wtmp/utmp changes and WRT that
>> 2.2.1R is in sync. So where then is the mess?
>
>For some reason the X included with 2.2.1 (which I think is symlinked from
>ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/XFree86) has the utmp patches, which plays hell with
>non-current systems.
>
>Someone needs to rebuild X again on a 2.2 system and not on a -CURRENT
>system.

I just upgraded to 2.2.1 RELEASE and was wondering if the above mentioned
issue is still a problem?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *