Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 01:38:46 +1100
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
Cc:        phk@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changing password...

On Feb 02, 1997 at 10:47:16AM, Giles Lean wrote:
> > 	$ passwd -c phk
> > 	Please enter encrypted password: $1$8cEEj84y$GCYmM39miP8Fc9K8iAHTI/
> > 	Please reenter: $1$8cEEj84y$GCYmM39miP8Fc9K8iAHTI/
> > 	$
>
> Yes please!  I'm tired of working out how different Unix flavours lock
> the password database when writing localised adduser scripts.

Actually, that's why pw(8) exists. But it doesn't (yet)
have the above facility. FWIW, it was added to the impending
2.1.7 a week or so ago.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/