Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:07:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jason Scott <freepix@sirius.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Jason Scott wrote:
> I had a ISP install DNS on my server, but they screwed it up more then
> they fixed it...  They made my server stop responding to names list
> name.domain.com.  Only www.domain.com work now...  I was willing
> to pay a company to come in and set it up, but they are the second to
> do it incorrectly...  Hopefully someone can help me get DNS going...

Well, at least you have a working example to duplicate.  Find
the entry for www in your zone file and duplicate it for all
the other names you want resolved.

Be sure to increment the serial number and restart named.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com