Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 18:29:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel support for memory semaphores/locks...

> Well, I don't mind renaming it, but I need it.  (Unless sched_yield does
> what I need.)

sched_yield only does this:

>    need_resched();

In practice this works the way it should by the spec - it places
the current process at the end of any equal priority processes.
I've got a regression test that verifies that it works as it should
for the fixed priority schedulers.

It won't lower the priority so it is different from yield.  Can
you use "setpriority" to the lowest priority do the same thing as
yield does now?  (I haven't looked at the source so I don't know
if it is changed from the man page)

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval