Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:58:06 +0300
From:      Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP_BSDCOMP and pppd

1. Should I specify PPP_BSDCOMP in kernel config file to use bsd
compression via ppp link?
2. Should I specify option bsdcomp in command line for pppd to use bsd
compression via ppp link?
3. Should I specify PPP_BSDCOMP in kernel config file and option bsdcomp
in command line for pppd to use bsd compression via ppp link?

I want to get answers on the same question about PPP_DEFLATE
compression?

Which compression (PPP_BSDCOMP or PPP_DEFLATE) gives best results (I'm
going to use compression on 115k ppp link)?