Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:14:12 +0200
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        "Justin W . Pauler" <justin@pauler.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] adding users

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 03:38:56AM +0000, Justin W . Pauler wrote:
> To all the FreeBSD gurus:
>
> 	I am looking for a way to add users to my FreeBSD box based on some type of
> script. With the service that I provide, users sign up on a form on my
> webpage. From there, I would like that data to be sent to a local command
> which adds the user to the box.
>
> 	I have tried many things, but I just can't get adduser to do it. Is there
> another way of doing this?

I'm no guru, but I'll give it a try. Try the pw command. Since I
discovered that one I never used adduser ever again. It takes almost
everything from the command line. The man page describes how to specify
the password not on the command line (for security).

with kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \                   rjs@gmx.net                   //  \