Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 08:24:10 PST
From:      "Michael Lewis" <m1ewis@hotmail.com>
To:        mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp -- terminal mode problem

>Ah! you didn't say that before in out earlier discussion(s)!. If your
>modem is internal and you've jumpered it for "COM2" have you disabled
>the *real* "COM2", i.e. the second serial port (via the BIOS) on your
>mobo? If not then it is probably that which is being found.

Ha! I disabled the 2nd serial port in BIOS and the modem is now there!  term
AT returns OK.  I searched dmesg output for any mention of "ppp" or "modem"
and found nothing.  stty output still says that cuaa1 has speed 9600 baud
and I can't see anything that indicates that this is a modem device.  But
term works so I guess the modem's there.

Thanks again for your help.
ML