Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2016 12:02:49 +0300
From:      Alex Tutubalin <lexa@lexa.ru>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 12-CURRENT: ZFS single stream/large files read performance degradation

On 12/6/2016 11:45 AM, Konstantin Belousov wrote:O

> Are you using memstick image from the download site ?
> Note that all HEAD images produced by re@ have full debugging enabled,
> among which both kernel-side INVARIANTS and WITNESS, and usermode malloc
> debugging, have potentially huge impact on the system performance.

Yes, I've used memsticks from download site. Anyway, I see this
single-stream read speed degradation on my 12-current compiled without
INVARIANTS/WITNESS.

Also, it looks like 11-STABLE is affected too, I'm compiling releng/11.0
now to see the difference, to be reported when I'll get results with
this version.

Alex Tutubalin