Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:30:02 -0600
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (Non-HP-Loveland,ex1)" <charles_dinkey@non.hp.com>
To:        "'Tom Hines'" <tomhines2@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: custom kernel won't boot

My understand is that shouldn't prevent the OS loader from detecting the HDD
and booting the kernel.  If I recall don't you have to "load" the kernel
image into memory before you can boot it (been a while since I've been in
the boot loader).

Also there may be something wrong with the hard disk...

Gene

(Please do not "reply to" as my return email address is broken, please send
reply's to gene_dinkey@hp.com)