Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:20:34 -0400
From:      Claude Cormier <techsupport@devises-or.com>
To:        dima@unixfreak.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie need help to execute a shell script

Thanks Dima for answering...but it is getting weird.. I had tried of
course your suggestion which is to include #!/bin/sh as the firs line
and it didn't work..that is why I asked the question to the list.

But I tried also adding [START]...[END] in my script like you did...
even if I was sure that you put only to delemit the script... and here
is what my shell answers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: not found
Date and time is:
[END]: not found

So it looks like the shell is  now finding my command but is having a
problem with the first line..I would have expected to received "[START]:
not found" as the first line. What is strange is that if I remove the
1st and last line in the script {START] and [END]... I get again the
message "command not found". ANy idea what is wrong with that shell?

CLaude