Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:10:58 +1030
From:      Matt Thyer <matt.thyer@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Radio_m=B3odych_bandyt=F3w?= <radiomlodychbandytow@o2.pl>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

On Feb 6, 2012 3:50 AM, "Radio m=C5=82odych bandyt=C3=B3w" <radiomlodychban=
dytow@o2.pl>
wrote:

> I wonder if I'm the only one thinking about a decentralised package
management....
> First, a decentralised transport layer. Torrents are faster and more
reliable than servers.
> Second, decentralised management when anybody can upload a port directly
into the system.

> --
> Twoje radio

Such a system would need to support traditional protocols such as FTP &
HTTP due to many corporate environments not allowing anything else.

I'm all for a distributed system but you can't forget the corporate users.