Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 97 23:54:14 -0400
From:      "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1st try @ FreeBSD install....

I am thinking of installing FreeBSD....

I've got a cable modem, can I install FreeBSD over the internet? (I've got
the boot floppy, but I am not sure how it will find the connection -- yes I
have all the IP information, etc).  It's working under NeXTStep right now....

Now the real question: how much diskspace do I really need?  The 2.1.7 CDs
say 340 MB, but then again, I think they still clain Win95 will run under 8MB
of RAM, so I'd like to hear some real numbers...

My config:

P133 processor
Adaptec 2940
Tyan Tomcat III P5 motherboard
Micropolis SCSI-1 HD
Cogent PCI Ethernet Card & Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+
PS/2 trackball
Matrox Millenium w/ 4VRAM

My CD-ROM is a Sony CDU-76 (I've got the 2.1.7 CDs but I am not sure if my
CD-ROM is compatible or not...)

TjL

ps -- I've lurked for awhile here but this is my first attempt to actually
do anything....

--
TjL <luomat@peak.org>   / http://www.peak.org/~luomat/next/
"The best things in life are made into inferior