Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:13:21 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for hardware advice

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 19:06 +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Warner Losh wrote:
>  > The Atmel processors look good for this sort of thing.  I've recently
>  > found either the Glomation SBC-9G20u or the Pico SAM9g45 to be good
>  > and not too expensive (the former is $55 and the latter is $70, at
>  > least shipping to the US).  Although come to think of it the former
>  > runs on 5V.
>
> Thanks for the pointers.  They're a little larger than I
> envisioned, but it should work if I don't find any better
> options.
>
> Does FreeBSD support both of those boards out of the box,
> including USB host ports and the GPIO pins?
>
> Best regards
>    Oliver

I have the pico sam9g45 board, and I spent some time last weekend trying
to get freebsd up on it.  It boots to the point where it launches init
then spews some garbage chars to the console and goes comatose.  I have
a feeling that's being caused by something simple and dumb on my part,
and once I figure out what, then the board will be in the "just works"
category.  In general, we have pretty good support for Atmel ARM stuff.

-- Ian