Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 12:24:20 +0000
From:      James Raynard <fports@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting without tarballs

I have two more ports which are ready to be committed, once I can get
over the last hurdle.  The problem is there is no tarball for either of
the ports; the source is on an FTP server that doesn't support on-the-fly
tarring (and in any case I have a nasty suspicion they may soon delete it).

The best solution seems to make my own tarball and put it on
ftp.freebsd.org.  Is this correct, and if so how do I go about it?

--
In theory, theory is better than practice.  In practice, it isn't.
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland.   http://www.freebsd.org/~jraynard/