Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:55:54 -0600
From:      John.Hubbard@gunter.af.mil
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Proliant 6500 part 2:

  To narrow the focus of my earlier questions, and maybe pass some
information along.  I used the Compaq SmartStart to erase my configuration
and try again.  This time, I chose NT4.0 as the OS and allowed it to install
the system partition.  After installing 3.4-RELEASE again, mptable output
looks different.  Now the number of interrupts is reduced to 44.  So I use
these options:

	NCPU=2
	NBUS=3
	NAPIC=1
	NINTR=44

  And compile a kernel.  Hurrah!  It boots!  But it only scans 1 PCI bus.
My NIC was in the fifth PCI slot, so it couldn't find it.
  First, I change NBUS to 10.  It scans all the buses and detects my Intel
EtherExpress Pro this time, but when it comes time to start sendmail in the
startup scripts, I get  'device timeout : fxp0'.  Something is amiss.  I
moved the NIC into the first PCI slot, and it works properly there, but I'm
going to need those other slots here in the future.
  I also noticed this in dmesg:
	'fixbushigh_450nx : bogus highest PCI bus 255, reduced to 10'
  Has anyone figured out how to get one of these to work properly yet?