Date:      30 Nov 2009 12:35:31 -0000
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/141025: audio/squeezeboxserver fails to start (used to)

>Number:         141025
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       audio/squeezeboxserver fails to start (used to)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD duncan.reilly.home 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #6: Sat Nov 28 09:41:57 EST 2009 root@duncan.reilly.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUNCAN amd64

	Machine is an Athlon64-X2 with 3G RAM.
	With timing somewhat related to my last portmaster -a
	run, or perhaps the last system build, when I try to
	start squeezeboxserver, either at boot time or manually,
	it stops with this trace-back:

Starting squeezeboxserver.
Can't use string ("0") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/mach/Class/XSAccessor/Array.pm line 61.
	...propagated at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.1/base.pm line 94.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/Async/HTTP.pm line 36.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/SimpleAsyncHTTP.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/SimpleAsyncHTTP.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 43.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 43.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 18.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/Client.pm line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/Client.pm line 29.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Utils/Alarm.pm line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Utils/Alarm.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Buttons/Alarm.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Buttons/Alarm.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 42.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl line 163.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl line 163.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezeboxserver: WARNING: failed to start squeezeboxserver

        It seems as though perhaps a perl upgrade has made
        something stricter than it used to be, but I know no
	perl, so I'm guessing.  Maybe it's something to do with
	strings vs numbers...

	I've just had portmaster re-build all of my installed
	p5-* ports, which seems to have produced no difference
	at all.

>How-To-Repeat:
	Install port audio/squeezeboxserver and try to start it
	with
	/usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezeboxserver start
	(after adding the appropriate frob to /etc/rc.conf, of
	course.)
>Fix:

	No idea.  Maybe patch slimboxserver to not try to be
	strict?