Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:27:32 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Dan <fbsdstable@stormbringer.clara.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

Dan wrote:

[SNIP]

> You can diagnose problems of this type by running 'xvinfo' and
> checking for any obvious problems in the information it gives
> about your Xv setup and graphics card. For example, under
> X 4.0.3, 'xvinfo' on my system included the line:

how does one "install" XVideo ?

multi% xdpyinfo | grep XV
    XVideo
multi% xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present
multi%

(this is with XFree86-4.1.0_4, on a recent 4.3-Stable, BUT with a TNT-2)
(I may try to resinstall XFree86-4.0.3_x to see if XVideo is better
supported there ...)

--
Thierry Herbelot