Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 13:39:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      PHIL Gilley <phil@rho>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with 950412-SNAP boot floppy

I'm having trouble with the 950412-SNAP boot floppy on my laptop computer.
When I boot with this floppy nothing ever gets printed to the screen.  I
can hear the what sounds like the floppy reading the disk for a while, then
the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock lights flash, the cursor turns from
an underscore to a block, the hard drive is hit, then a pause then some
more is read from the floppy.  At this point everything stops and there
is still nothing on the screen.  Pressing return or any other key doesn't
seem to do anything.  I can toggle the caps, num and scroll lock lights,
but nothing else seems to work including ctl-alt-del.

The floppy is good because I can boot my desktop computer with it.  My
laptop was previously running FreeBSD 1.1.5 and will boot with the
2.0-RELEASE boot floppy.  (Never tried the other SNAPs.)

My laptop is an 8 meg 486DX-66 with an AMI bios and dual-scan color screen.
All power management options are disabled.

Does anyone have any clues.

Phil Gilley
phil@rho.lonestar.org (or pgilley@metronet.com for faster delivery)