Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 00:42:08 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help! I got a bad block....

Amancio Hasty Jr. stands accused of saying:

> My system disk is dying and I need to remove an inode -- all I got is
> the disk block number which fsck reports .
>
> BTW: Why can't fsck remove or mark bad scsi blocks?

Because nobody's added that 8).  You should be able to turn on bad sector
forwarding in the drive and have it do the work itself.  Have a look
at scsi(8) :

scsi -f /dev/rsd0 -m1 -e -P 3

and set AWRE and ARRE to enable reallocation on both read and write.
Many drives ship with this off.

> 	Amancio

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[