Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 17:34:33 +0100
From:      "Moritz Hardt" <mhardt@morix.de>
To:        "freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fwd: i4b correctly configured, but still not working

i sent this mail yesterday, but i havent got any responses yet. im not
sure, if it arrived, so i resend the mail.

thank you in advance

---------

here is the scenario:

i have a freebsd machine connected to a standard isdn line. i4b is
installed and the kernel is recompiled with all necessary kernel
parmameters. when booting, the kernel detects my isdn card and doesn't
prompt any error messages.

my configuration seems to be correct.

to go online i usually try something like:

ifconfig isp0 link1 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 0xffffff00 debug
ifconfig isp0 down
ispppcontrol isp0 myauthproto=chap \
myauthname=xxxx myauthsecret=xxxx
ifconfig isp0 up

that usually doesn't have the desired result. when i try to ping a
remote machine isdnd doesn't start anything. when i ping my dns.
something, like 'phase up' usually happens.

but every now and then, isdnd randomly dials up. if that happens,  i
get an ip-address from my isp and the connection is active (i pay for
it), but i can't transfer anything at all.

im really a little lost and don't know what to do anymore. it seems
like i configured everything well, but it still doesn't work.

any thoughts and tips are kindly appreciated.