Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:43:50 +0000
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        manchester@bsdgroups.org.uk, freeBSD Users <freebsd-users@uk.freebsd.org>, freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org
Subject:   November BSD User Group - Tuesday 6th November

Yes, it's that time of the month when blood shall be shed in sacrifice
to the Berkley System D[a]emon.

Since our last meeting a beast known as Leopard has cast a shadow
across our altar, and its spirit must be understood. Preferably with
the assistance of fine ale and plenty of crisps.

In these posts I normally point out some computing event that occurred
on the same historical date as our planned meeting, but in researching
the data this month I found something much more bizarre:

6th November is the Catholic feast day for Saint Winnoc (believed to
have been Welsh or "a Breton"). He was made a Saint for several
miracles but principally because when he got old he was able to make a
mill grind corn automatically through the power of prayer. I'm
confident anybody who has seen a mission-critical server running an MS
operating system do a file system check will be able to relate to that.

Anyway, to business:

What? Who?

The Manchester BSD User Group is a group of Unix enthusiasts, users,
developers and systems administrators who meet once a month in a pub
in central Manchester.

If you're interested in the kind of tech that you can pull
apart and put back together again (even when you're not meant to),
you'll find somebody interested nearby.

Where?

The Briton's Protection pub on Great Bridgewater Street, in central
Manchester. We normally occupy a substantial area in one of the rooms
around the back, but now the evenings are getting lighter if it's
warm and sunny we may head out to the beer garden (if it's open).

When?

We always meet on the first Tuesday of each calendar month. The next
meeting is on Tuesday the 6th November, and the meeting after is
currently planned for the 4th December. We normally drift in to the
place
around 7:30pm, and most people drift off sometime between 9pm and 10pm.

Questions?

Feel free to post queries to manchester@bsdgroups.org.uk or you can
contact me directly. If you want directions to help find us, or need
a mobile number in case you get lost, just get in touch.