Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:48:41 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: advanced DOS

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 06:19:29PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P., and lo! it spake thus:

> A little wm, a little root window decorated with your SO, your
> company logo, your kids, your dog, some chick wrapped in plastic*,

Cotton, not plastic.  Show the softer side, y'know.

> But you have a difficult uphill battle to convince Johnny Q. Public
> of that.  Color it up a bit.  You might even make some of them
> curious enough to learn more about it....

Or, you could just use the apps that work well for you, and pretend
it's a workstation rather than a billboard...

All my Linux-using friends chuckle at the sight of me sitting there
running ctwm.  I chuckle back every other week as they describe
blowing a day upgrading to the latest {KDE,Gnome} and how pretty the
2/3 of apps that still work are.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net