Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:33:03 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>, stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom mirror now rebuilding on every reboot?

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Maksim Yevmenkin
>> <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Michael,

>>> yes, i've seem something similar only much, much worse. one of our
>>> production systems completely kept loosing its gmirror volumes on
>>> every reboot. it looked like gmirror metadata were completely
>>> corrupted. rebuilding mirrors and reverting back to previous kernel
>>> seemed to work. someone else is tracking it down.
>>
>>     Is this is in 9.1 -PRERELEASE, -RELEASE (or whatever the official
>> label is...)? If so, it seems like this would be a ship blocker.
>
> sorry. its releng_9/9-stable. gmirrors are on two ssds. we use gpt and
> gmirror individual partitions, not entire disks.

I may well be confused, but I don't understand how you can use GPT for
a single partition. Looks to me like a disk is GPT or legacy.
Declaring which is the first command when setting up a new disk.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com