Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:05:56 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Working around unsupported Ethernet card with PXE or UEFI?

"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to build and install FreeBSD so as to be bootable and access
>the internet with an Ethernet card that doesn't work in FreeBSD?

You're question doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it.

Why on earth would you either WANT or NEED to install FreeBSD on a system
with no ethernet adapter?

If it's a matter of money, I have at least a half dozen old 10/100 cards
lying around collecting dust.  If you send me your address and if it is
in North America, I'll send you one via snail-mail.  Or you can probably
get one faster off eBay for about a buck and a half.

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  Even if you're constrained by hardware... e.g. no PCIe slots...
you can always get yourself some supported USB ethernet adapter.  I don't
know of anything worth owning that could run FreeBSD and that doesn't
have at least a couple of USB ports.