Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:05:27 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Testers for linuxulator MFC needed

Hi,

I don't have a -stable system and need some testers for a partial
MFC-patch. I'm interested in reports if it works (with e.g.
skype/acroread/...) or not (I may have missed some stuff...).

It may panic your system in the worst case, this is only build tested on
i386 (but on current with gcc 4.2). So if someone could do a build test
on amd64, this would be very nice. A "make universe" would be very
good too, I would like to know if something breaks on pc98 or alpha.
You need to grep for "Error 1", to be sure that there's no build
failure, as the universe ignores some errors.

If it runs without panicing your system, feel lucky and try to run the
ltp tests (see http://wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel for more about
this). Be prepared that this may panic your system...

I'm interested in the results of the ltp run (the ones in the
automatically created results directory with the name as specified with
the -l option). It would be really create if you could send a diff
between a previous (unpatched -stable system) and the patched version.

The patch is at
http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/linuxolator/linuxulator_mfc.diff

Note: if nobody tests (I need all of the above mentioned tests), there
will be no MFC.

And this is what is contained in the patch:
---snip---
MFC:
 - kern_descrip.c rev 1.296, syscallsubr.h rev 1.41 by jhb:
   Add a kern_close() so that the ABIs can close a file descriptor w/o
   having to populate a close_args struct and change some of the places
   that do.
 - sync linuxulator (bugfixes + minor syscalls):
   * mmap fixes
   * fix memleaks
   * add mprotect/iopl/lstat/ftruncate/statfs64/timer_*/mq_*
   * more errno value mapping
   * don't limit number of syscalls to 255
   * allow to exec libs
   * ioctl TIOCGPTN
   * handle more socket options
   * de-COMPAT_43-ify
   * add dummy syscalls so that we know what is needed (reports from users)
   * style(9)
 - sync linprocfs
   * proc/sys/... part
---snip---

Bye,
Alexander.

--
It would be illogical to kill without reason
		-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4