Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:38:09 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
To:        FreeBSD Current Users' list <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [usb] panic with uvisor auto-load

Hi,

I've decided to try the uvisor USB module to play with my Palm and tried to
load the module. Loading it manually fails with an undefined symbol (found
in the usb module). I'll try to link it statically.

link_elf: symbol usb_match_device undefined

When I try to load it from loader.conf, I get a weird panic and the system
reboots itself:

Here is what I found in dmesg. I can try to put DDB in there is need.
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc018f33f
stack pointer	        = 0x10:0xc0496d00
frame pointer	        = 0x10:0xc0496d14
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 0 ()
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s
panic: Assertion mtx_unowned(m) failed at ../../../kern/kern_mutex.c:945
Uptime: 1s
panic: _sx_xlock (shutdown_post_sync): xlock already held @ ../../../kern/kern_shutdown.c:341
Uptime: 1s
panic: _sx_xlock (shutdown_post_sync): xlock already held @ ../../../kern/kern_shutdown.c:341

[...loops a few times...]

Uptime: 1s
panic: _sx_xlock (shutdown_post_sync): xlock already held @ ../../../kern/kern_shutdown.c:341
Uptime: 1s

P4/1.5 GHz/256 MB/CURRENT from two hours ago.

-=-=-
#
# nCAERDONN -- test version of main config. file
#
#       $Id: //depot/caerdonn/kernel/nCAERDONN#10 $

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           CAERDONN
options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE
maxusers        0

makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]

options         CLK_USE_TSC_CALIBRATION

options         INVARIANTS
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT

options         KTRACE

options         IPSEC
options         IPSEC_ESP

options         SOFTUPDATES
options         UFS_DIRHASH

options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         _KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L

device          isa
device          pci

device          fdc

device          ata
device          atadisk
device          atapicd
device          atapicam

device          scbus
device          cd
device          pass           #CAM passthrough driver

device          atkbdc
device          atkbd
device          psm
device          vga
device          sc
device          splash

device          npx

device          sio
#device          ppc
#device          ppbus
#device          lpt
#device          ppi

device          loop
device          ether
device          pty
device          bpf
device          snp
-=-=-
--
Ollivier ROBERT  -=-  Eurocontrol EEC/ITM  -=-  Ollivier.Robert@eurocontrol.fr
FreeBSD caerdonn.eurocontrol.fr 5.0-CURRENT #46: Wed Jan  3 15:52:00 CET 2001